Perfect Pitches and Embracing Your Uniqueness as a Woman Consultant with Precious Williams
This week’s episode is a re-release of an amazing interview with Killer Pitch Master, Precious Williams, from the Seven Figure Consultant Podcast Archives.
Precious, known as the “Pitch Queen”, reveals her secret weapon and thoughts on knowing when you are seated at the wrong table. Precious has insights into packaging, positioning, and pitching. No one puts it quite like Precious does. If you want to be successful in any endeavour, get a copy of Precious’s new book, Rainmaking 101, From Day 1. This discussion is fast-paced; you don’t want to miss a minute.
In this episode:
- [00:23] Introduction of the “Pitch Queen”. Precious describes her tumultuous childhood and the ups and downs that positioned her to be where she is today.
- [07:48] Where do you turn when you don’t have someone encouraging you, and how do you know your place within a group?
- [13:35] Precious discusses when her backstory is appropriate to share and when it is not. She outlines the different media she has mastered.
- [20:25] Precious shares her take on pitching and taking an interest in others.
- [24:34] Precious discusses whether somebody can learn a talent or are you born with it and what about being a visionary?
- [29:19] What is real entrepreneurship? Precious discusses her new book, Rainmaking 101 From Day 1.
- Precious’s story proves positively that you can make it from any background, and even after failing, you can come back stronger than the first time.
- Often the language you use describing a situation or a product makes the difference in how successful it is. Elevate the conversation, elevate the terminology.
- Don’t take no for an answer if you are determined to be accomplished and recognized in any field. Failure is not the end of a goal. Instead, it is a stepping stone towards accomplishment.
“I just have to say to you at this moment; I receive your compliment. Because many of us as women can’t accept a compliment. I need to receive what you just said because it’s a testament to my grandmother. It’s a testament to my higher power.” – Precious Williams.
“I had to go where I was celebrated, not tolerated. Also, if I’m not invited to the table, understand that rejection is the ultimate protection. There are some places you don’t need to be, and if you’re constantly fighting to be seen in certain groups, maybe that’s the group you shouldn’t be in.” – Precious Williams.
Precious L. Williams CEO, Perfect Pitches by Precious, LLC #KillerPitchMaster
Want to learn how to take your sales, investor, or elevator pitches from trash to straight CASH? Or have your prospects throwing money at you every time you open your mouth? Then, it’s time to learn how to convert conversations into currency with the Pitch Queen, Precious L. Williams. Her company, Perfect Pitches by Precious teaches you the tools and tenacity to pitch with power, sell with storytelling, and develop a masterful mindset for communication. It’s time for you to learn how to #SlayAllCompetition
Precious busts norms and shifts perspectives to help teams own their awesomeness and bring out their “wow” factor. Your leaders and teams will up their game — on their terms — to develop the cunning, clarity and confidence that’s been inside them all along. What’s more, they’ll get unstuck and discover a renewed and refreshed energy to own the mindset of the pitch in a way they never thought possible. If you’re ready to go from milquetoast to memorable, attracting and captivating your prospects while closing the sale in an authentic way, it’s time to #pitchforprofit. And you can bet you’re going to have fun doing it!
Precious L. Williams is a 13-time national elevator pitch champion. She has also been featured on “Shark Tank,” CNN, Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, Essence Magazine, and the movie “LEAP.” Her current clients include Microsoft, LinkedIn, Google, NBCUniversal, Federal Reserve Bank, Intuit Quickbooks, Yelp, Harvard University, and more. Precious is a dynamic international professional speaker, effective corporate trainer and 4X #1 bestselling author.