Often as consultants, we know that we’re really good at what we do, we are the expert in our field, but it can be really difficult to be confident in the way that we present ourselves. We want our appearance to affirm that we are who we say we are, and we can do the things that we say we can do.
In this week’s podcast, I interviewed Tracy Hooper, a personal stylist who helps professional women create a style that helps them stand out, look great and make an impact.
We talked about the impact personal styling can have on our confidence and performance as consultants, including:
- How a stylist will work with you to create an authentic look that reflects who you are (they’re not going to hijack your appearance)
- The role your clothing plays in building relationships, and the problems with going too bold, or too corporate
- The different ways you can create your own signature look, including examples of people getting this right
- What you should avoid wearing on Zoom calls
- How Tracy works with her clients to build a wardrobe that works for them, building many outfits from a handful of garments
Clothe Yourself In Confidence guide to using colours to influence the messages your appearance is giving out.