How To Build Your Consulting Business with its Eventual Value at the Forefront with Marla DiCarlo
Today on the Seven Figure Consultant Podcast, I am joined by co-owner and CEO of Raincatcher, Marla DiCarlo. Marla helps small business owners determine the value of their business and walks them through the selling process.
In this episode, we discuss how business owners can proactively plan ahead when building their business, what actually goes into the process of selling a business, and how to shift perspectives when making business decisions. Tune in to this insightful conversation and receive a free resource from Raincatcher.
In this episode:
- [01:00] Why Raincatcher is such an important tool for small business owners.
- [06:30] Understanding the driving factors that can impact a business’s value.
- [11:30] How to change your perspective when making business decisions.
- [13:30] Marla explains the most common ways to understand the value in a business and how to attach a dollar value to a company.
- [20:15] Things to consider when selling your small business.
- Raincatcher is designed to educate business owners and guide them through the process of selling their business.
- You cannot plan for everything.
- Every business owner should get a benchmark valuation because it helps to see the business through a different lens.
- Part of selling your business is going through the emotions of “are you really ready to sell?”
- When selling a business, most business owners often are focused on the purchase price, but there are many other things that tie into selling a business that are often more important, like who will continue their legacy with their customers, employees, and community.
“Building your business without a business plan is kind of like building a house without a blueprint. Then you’ll look at it and think, ‘I should have put a door here, but we built a massive brick wall’.” – Jessica Fearnley
“If you take off those blinders and you start to bring in the stuff that is going on on the outside and incorporate that into your decision making, what you’ll find is your business actually ends up performing better. You end up making decisions that I don’t know you would make if you were constantly just focused on the next thing”. – Marla DiCarlo
“Being proactive and not reactive, that’s one of the keys to being a successful business owner and it’s hard to do”. – Marla DiCarlo
Marla DiCarlo is an accomplished CEO & CFO with more than 30 years of experience leading business owners to build valuable and profitable companies. As the co-owner and CEO of Raincatcher, her mission is to support American entrepreneurs at every stage of their business journeys – whether they are interested in selling today or want to build a more valuable company for themselves and their legacies.
As a Certified Professional Accountant, Marla understands the true power of both valuations and solid bookkeeping – especially in today’s unstable economic climate. Marla draws upon her business experience to encourage entrepreneurs to look at their finances in new ways. Inspiring them to manage their business like a valuable asset that will grow in value over time. To her, that simple mind shift increases your business valuation and the abundance of your career efforts over time.
Get in touch with Jessica to discuss your consulting business