The sales process with corporate firms can take quite a long time.
Sometimes we do get in touch with the right person at the right time, and you can meet the person, shake their hand, and have the contract in the bag by the end of the week. That does happen (but not often).
Sometimes it can take six months.
Sometimes it can take 12 months.
And these really long lead times can have a huge impact on your cash flow, and your anxiety levels.
On this week’s podcast, I’m talking to Laura Wright, a self published author, speaker, growth strategist and master sales coach. She has closed a cool $43 million and then some over the last 20 years, she is the founder of Epic At Sales and during our interview she shared some ideas on how to speed up your sales process.
We also discussed:
- How recovering from big financial losses has made her stronger than ever.
- The strength information and skills-based businesses have over those that sell products (especially now)
- The benefits in experiencing times of stress and strain in your business
- The key question you should ask at the start of your B2B sales process
- How to understand and liaise with the decision-making hierarchy of your prospect’s organisation
- How to strengthen your pipeline with clients of varying sizes
- The true purpose behind stretch goals
- Making the most of referral opportunities
- What works best: nurturing one lead with multiple interactions, or connecting with multiple leads?
Laura Wright’s Overcoming Objections PDF